Nick Jaina wants to release an album of his songs performed by local female artists, including Laura Gibson, Jolie Holland, Tu Fawning’s Corrina Repp and Y La Bamba’s Luzelena Mendoza. $10 will get you a free download of the album, while for $100, Nick will record a personal CD of three cover songs of your choice. And for $500, he’ll write an original song just for you (or someone you love).
So if 50 people donate 100 bucks, Jaina’s on the hook for 150 cover songs! A true song and dance man if there ever was one!
I call the album “The Beanstalks That Have Brought Us Here Are Gone”
Over the next few weeks I’ll be posting unmastered songs from the album here:
Here are the songs and who sings them:
01. “No One Gives Their Heart Away” featuring Laura Gibson
02. “The President of the Chess Club” featuring Amanda Spring (of Point Juncture, WA)
03. “You Were So Good To Me” featuring Jolie Holland
04. “When the Blind Man Rings That Bell” featuring Kaylee Cole
05. “Once But Never Again” featuring Luzelena Mendoza (of Y La Bamba)
06. “Awake When I’m Sleeping” featuring Audie Darling
07. “Ortolan” featuring Myshkin
08. “James” featuring Johanna Kunin
09. “Whiskey Riddle” featuring Annalisa Tornfelt (of Black Prairie)
10. “Missing Awhile” featuring Corrina Repp (of Tu Fawning)
Graves have new record “Con Tios Y Tias” out on Tape cassette with Florida’s Whirlingcloud Records. On other side of said Tape is “Friendly Phones” a compilation of friends songs and personal phone messages. get personal. tell dark secrets. try harder.
This tape is a hoot. A real gem. Listen: